Saturday, September 18, 2010

Javier @ 31 Months

This update is abit late, I have have been quite busy the last 2 weeks to update and and this post slip my mind completely.

Speech: He can communicate very well now, not only with family members but also with our neighbors. He knows how to answer when asked his name, his age and what is he doing? or where is he going in proper sentence.

He is a little kaypoh.. whenever I asked Jayden a question, he would always answer for Jayden… and his answer always make me laugh. :)

I remember once on a rainy day.. as I told Jayden to wear his rain boots. And Jayden ask me “why need to wear boots?” And Javier was quick to reply: “Because it is raining, if wear rain boots, you won’t get wet!” and he still turn to me and act cheeky asking: “ Mummy, right or not!” :)

Reading: I can see Javier’s love for reading returning to him now. He can concentrate much better now when I read to him. He can participate in the story telling when I read, sometimes I would stop half way while reading and ask them what happens next, he would excitedly shout it out! :)

Every night, we would read books together, sometimes as many as 10 books with a mixture of English and Chinese books.

Social and Emotional Development: He still fuss and cry a while when I bring him to school. (It is quite puzzling why he still cries as he has already attended school for 3 terms)When I asked him why he doesn’t want to go to school… he would says ‘ no need’. I did checked with the teacher and his English teacher chatted with him and he says….”he likes to go school and likes the lesson and his friends”. But almost every morning, I would faced with a teary boy.

But from what I observed, he enjoys the class… he can sings the song he learnt in school for me and recite the Tang poem which he learnt. He knows his classmate’s names and likes to play with them. All these signs are telling me he is learning well and coping well in school.

Toilet Trained: I have not started night toilet training him yet, but intending to start when he turns 3. For now, he can stay dry in the daytime without any misses so far.

His favorite line is “ I cannot shh shh on the pants, must go toilet shh shh and en en!

He will let us knows if he wants to past motion and get us to take the potty for him. Since he started taking the honey daily, constipation seems to be history for us. Phew…..

Discipline: He likes to scream when we do not follow his wish. Firstly I would warn him if he scream again, I would smack his mouth! If he scream again, 2nd warning to him. If he still continue to scream, I will smack his cheek (of course, not too hard lah) At least I sees that he will quiet down abit when he sees me getting to smack him.

Personal Hygiene: It started 2 weeks ago when I was showering him. Out of a sudden from that day onwards, he told me not to wash his penis for him, he would wash himself. But he really did a great job in washing wo…

Our conversation goes like this:

I was applying soap on his penis…

Javier: Mummy, don’t wash for me.

Me: (I was dumb founded) Why?

Javier: You cannot touch…I washed myself.

Me: Who told you so?

Javier: (He did not answer me) Next time you cannot wash my pee pee.

Me: ??????

I checked with D as I thought it is D who told him that. But D told me he did not told him anything! :O Funny Funny…. don’t know where he get this idea from?????

Feeding: Things have improved alot. Javier seems more interested in his food now, and meal time have reduce greatly from 45mins to 20mins. He is more able to accept vegetables than fruits. But at least he likes to drink fruit juice which is better than not taking any fruits at all.

Physical Development: Javier is a physically very active boy which seldom can sit down quietly. Recently, he has taken a keen interest to ride the bicycle and skate scooter. He has almost master the skills for these 2.

Favorite activities at the moment: Still puzzles, and watching his brainy baby dvd and Clifford the big red dog dvd. And lastly he likes Starfall website and he learns alot from there. Currently he can recognize all the letters and most of the letters sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers