Friday, September 17, 2010

Road Trip to Genting and Cameron Day 4 (BOH Tea Plantation)

After visiting the strawberry Farm, we drive on to the BOH Tea Plantation at Sungei Palas. The drive there was not easy as the road is very narrow with only one lane which means vehicles going to and fro shares the same lane. It was so damn scary as we cannot see the oncoming vehicles approaching!

Finally we reached the BOH Tea Plantation, the view was spectacular!!! It is really worth to make the effort to drive up here.

The cooling climate and high altitudes in Cameron Highlands make it a perfect place to grow the tea plants.  This is the best picture which I managed to capture of the plantation. But let me tell you, this picture taken with my lousy phototaking skill really do not do justice to the magnificent scenery. I just can’t stop snapping pictures of this vast plot of plantation. (We were even lucky to see a couple taking their bridal photo there!)Up-close… This is how the plants look like.

Next, we went to the see see look look at the Tea shop. I am not a fan of tea, so I only bought one packet of 3 in 1 Teh Tarik. After finishing shopping at the Tea Shop, Javier was not feeling well again. He vomited outside the shop.

The antique collection of the tea making machine.  After that, we went for a tour in the tea making factory which my boys have no interest at all. And they keep asking us to leave, luckily the tour ended quite fast.

The boys saw this monkey poster for phototaking and quickly run and pose for me to take pictures! :) We decided to take a short break in the Tea Refreshment Cafe as it was already lunchtime and bought some snacks for the boys. It was quite crowded at the cafe, but there were still ample of tables around for us to choose. We have a relax and cooling time sitting there enjoying our snacks.

We did not need to chase the 2 monkeys as one of them is too sick to run about whereas the other don’t have any buddy to run with decided to guai guai sit down and enjoys his hot chocolate and cake. Our food. The taste is so so only, but D comment that the coconut tart is very nice. But sweet stuff is not my cup of tea, so I din really eat much. Busy stuffing the chocolate melt into his mouth.This area give a really nice unblocked view of the tea plantation. Many tourists were seen busy snapping pictures here which include me lah…. :P Although Cameron Highlands is kinda warm, but over at the BOH Tea plantation is rather chilling. I was shivering abit wearing shorts when the wind keep blowing at us. At least, Javier feel well enough to eat some hot chocolate and cake. I like this group of photos, Javier always have alot of funny and cute expression when it comes to eating! :) He was feeling a little tit unwell after having some food and wanted me to carry him.Jayden trying to act funny again!!!!

This is the staircase which leads to the Tea bush walk. Though it wasn’t easy carrying a toddler walking here. I still wanted to take my walk here as it is really a once in a life time thingy where I can walk in a tea plantation. The black line is the trail for the tea bush walk, it took us almost 10mins to walk from the tea plantation to downhill where we parked our car. Some of the area was quite steep and slippery and I was really going very slow as I was carrying Javier.Finally we reached the downhill of the plantation and actually this the starting point for the tea bush walk.

We have a nice and valuable experience visiting the Tea plantation. 

To be Continued…

6 comments:

  1. I am surprise you wear short!!! It is very cold there my dear!

    Reading this entry bring back my memeories of CH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taiwan also hv lots of tea plantation ... the last time i went, the subway goes direct to the zoo station, which also lead to the tea plantation shan. No need to drive keke :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunflower: Luckily the coldness is still bearable. Just that when we were sitting in the cafe, the wind blowing at us were extremely cold! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ee: Sounds like you really know taiwan very well. Got to ask you for some tips when I go to taiwan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taiwan is so much easier, easier than Msia. No need plan just go bah kekeke ~ I am pyschoing hubby to go in Nov keke ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah....I also like going Taiwan. We might be planning a trip there early next year. :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers