Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Our homeschool activity 29.03.10

Our theme for lesson 6, Letter D is "Daddy".

Daddy Craft
We started with doing a card for daddy. I punched out some heart shape for Javier to paste on the card. But instead of pasting the hearts on the paper, he is more interested in using the puncher to punch out a lot of heart shapes.

Our handmade card for Daddy

Next, I let Javier colour the letter D which I have drawn. But once again, Javier was not interested in the activity which I have planned for him. He prefer to draw the outline of his own hand. :(

Javier tracing the outline of his hand

Learning Shapes

Today we still focus on learning circle, beside showing the things that are circle, I also get him to trace the object that are circle.
Javier enjoyed tracing the outline of the objects.

I used this barney tody to teach Javier circle, once I pop the circle into the hole, barney would say"this is a circle" which I find is very good. So whenever the child pop in the shape, barney would say the name of the shape.
Storytime

We read 2 books related to daddy. The first book "Just like daddy" is introducing animals and their baby. The pictures are cute and you can feel the texture of the animals. The story is very simple and repetitive. But little Javier was not very interested in this book.The 2nd book "Daddy hugs 123" is a book which teaches the child numbers and counting. The story greatly displayed the daddy love for the baby. Mayb it would be much better if daddy read this book to Javier instead of me (can be a great bonding time for daddy and Javier). Although I find the story cute and ..... But but but... my little Javier was not the least interested in this book again!!!!!

Practical Skill
We did some pouring beans through the funnel. Javier like playing this activity.
I think this activity keep him occupied for about 15mins.Next, I also let Javier pour water from 1 bottle to the other bottle using the funnel. Javier was still not able to control the pouring of water very well. He pour too fast, resulting in the water spilling all over the floor. But since the floor is already flooded with a big puddle of water, I just let him continue with the activity. And poor mummy have to clear up the mess.

The big pudlle of water, even javier clothes is all wet. But at least Javier enjoyed this activity alot, so this little mess is still worth it. :)

Free play of toys
After their dinner and shower, Jayden told me he wants to play puzzle. Whatever Javier sees his gorgor do, he will also wants to join in. So I accompany Javier to do some puzzles.
Jayden is getting better in his puzzle skill. I think it is time to get 'more challenging' puzzle for him to do.
Javier concentration span is much better as compared to last time, he can do many puzzles now. In the past, he can't even sit down to do 1 puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers