Thursday, March 25, 2010

Our Homeschool activity 25.03.10

Recently, I have been very slow in updating my post. I just find that time is really not enough...... At night, after my kids sleep I would prepare the materials for the next day. After that, I would update my blog, but recently really feeling very lazy and tired, so my post is abit back dated.....

Today we continue with our letter D lesson. We would be doing a theme on Doctor.

Alphabet related activities

Javier pasting the stickers for the Letter D and Doctor. I realise that he like pasting stickers, thus I would try to include this activity in the weekly alphabet activity.
He looked so serious when doing his craft
Next, we did a simple doctor kit where we paste cotton bud sticks, cotton wools and plasters inside the kids. Javier really enjoy this activity alot, cos he like playing with cotton wools and he keep pasting the bud sticks until the the kit is full of it. :(
Our doctor kit

Pretend Play
Since we are on doctor theme today, we have a pretend play of a being a doctor and a nurse. Javier was having a fun time of pretending to be a doctor. He took out all the soft toys and told me all the toys are sick and need to see doctor. :) So he would patiently checked all the toys and give them medicine and injection.
The first patient is gor gor "Tigger"
My little boy looked so professional!!!!!
Enjoying himself tremendously!

Learning Chinese
After reading sunflower blog, I have a better idea how to start my boy in chinese. So today I read this book to Javier. Javier like this story alot, he keep asking me to read it again and again.

He enjoyed the story so much that he would flipped through the book himself. He would point to the different animals and told me what is it.
I ask Javier whether he got "牙刷"? He immediately went to the toilet and took out his toothbrush and show me. He even demostrated how to brush his teeths.
Cheeky boy up to mischief again!!!!!
儿歌
我们读了一首儿歌" 小花狗". 轩毅非常喜欢这首儿歌. 我一边读,一边演小花狗!轩毅看我演,他也跟着我一起演.
I hope that through this fun teaching method, Javier would grow to love chinese just like me.
Storytime
I was intending to get a book related to doctor, but couldn't find one which is suitable for Javier. So instead I got this book about a puppy for Javier. But my little boy is not interested in this story at all. He would looked here and there or even wandered off when I try to read the story to him. :(

Maths

I decided to introduced Number 1 to Javier starting from today. Cos from my previous teaching him of numbers, I find that he could not remember very well. I was thinking of focusing on one number a week to teach him numbers recognition.
We read a book on Counting
I showed Javier the number "1" and show him example of 1 apple, 1 watch.....
I put a ball inside a container and show it to him and told him there is 1 ball inside the container. But he is not interested in the theory of '1' at all, he is more interested in opening the container and taking out the ball and putting back the ball and closing the container. But at least he learnt something from this activity, practical skill of opening and closing of lid.
Free play
I let Javier play this number matching game, he is able to put most all the numbers back himself. But he doesn't really like this game, cos after playing once, he told me he don't want to play anymore and ask me to keep it.

Practical Skills
This is the first time I let Javier handle a tong. I told him to use the tongs to pick up the macroroni and put in inside the small bowl. After a few try, he can do it very well. He enjoyed playing this activity and can sit and do it for about 10mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers