Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Letter D (Lesson 2)

D is for Dinosaur!!!!!! That is our theme for today....

Dinosuar craft

We started off with doing a dino craft for our lesson today. I cut the shape the day before to save time. So I just explain to Javier how the dino looks like and where he should paste the various cut-out. From this activity, he learns about different shapes.

Maths
We did some counting on the number of dinosaurs. And I go through the number 1-5 with Javier. Javier still don't know his numbers well. Although he can recite from number 1-10 himself, but he still cannot recognise the numbers.

Dinosaur Footprints

We did a dinosaur footprints on the Letter D. Javier like this activity alot, as he get to stamp the dino footprint all over the paper. He is not contented to just using one dino to stamp, he took out almost 5 dino to stamp on the paper.

Free Play
We got a really large collection of dinosaurs, as Jayden is really a big fan of dinosaurs when he was younger, he still likes dinosaurs alot now. Javier takes after Jayden, and also likes playing with the dino alot. He can spend a long time arranging the dino on the floor.
These few dinosaurs are some of Javier favourites.
Sorting
I use the dinosaurs to teach Javier to sort into 2 groups: Big and small dinosaurs.
A picture of the dinosaur land
I was thinking of doing a picture on the dinosaur land using the dinosaur stickers which I bought. We use quite a number of materials for this picture. First, I let Javier paste the cotton wool for the clouds, then I used yellow plastic bag for the sun.

I even add in some volcano, I let Javier paste some colour paper for the volcano lava flow and smoke.
I even picked some dried leave to paste in the picture
Lastly, Javier paste the dinosaur stickers on the picture. Javier even wanted to add in some dinosaur eggs. :)
Storytime
We read 2 books on dinosaur: 1) Danny Diplodoscus: It is about a hungry dinosaur named Danny looking for food to eat. It is a texture book which the child can feel and explore. After reading the story to Javier one time, he request me to read it to him again. He keeps asking me question when I was reading the books during the 2nd time. He asked me why dino don't like to eat cactus, butterfly..... Kids are really full of questions!!!!!
Javier says dino don't like the cactus, but he liked. Then he take the book and kiss the cactus. (He is so funny! :))
2) Diego and the dinosaurs. This book is about how diego help the dinosaur to find its family. Javier doesn't enjoy this story much. He wonder off when I was half way thru the story. :(
We have a fun lesson today. But half way thru the lesson, Javier threw a tantrum and keep crying and shouting. This make me really mad and I just ignore him. When he sees that I did not console him, he came a beat my arms really hard and this make me really really mad. So I scolded him fiercely and beat him on his hand.
I let him cool down for half hour before we continue the lesson :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers