Friday, March 12, 2010

Learning Chinese

Recently, I have been contemplating whether to teach Jayden chinese at home. I have been trying to find some good resources at the popular bookstore for my teaching. It was until recently that I came across this book '最常用的华文字' . Actually this book is the same as what I have bought for Jayden for the english revision book " High Frequency words".

I have just started my chinese lesson with Jayden last wednesday. I would say in the beginning of the chinese teaching would always be the most difficult. I hope that as the lessons goes on, Jayden would feel more comfortable with it. I find that teaching chinese is much more tedious than teaching him english. Sometime no matter how I teach him the word, he just could not remember, but I just got to preserved and forced myself to go on. At least, he can recognise quite a number of commonly used chinese words now.

Beside teaching him, I also like to play chinese words game with him. Whenever I see any chinese words( which I have already taught him) on the signboard, I would ask him to read it out. I also like to input the chinese words in my handphone using message mode and get him to read it to me. He really like it alot. I hope that throught doing these, he would have a great interest to learn chinese.

This is the chinese revision which I am using to teach him chinese now. I find that it is quite good.

Each lesson, there is 4 new words. After learning the new words, there is some sentences containing the new words for the child to read.
Next, the child would do some worksheet

The part is whereby the child read the sentence and choose the one that describe the picture on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers