Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Letter C (Lesson 5)

Our lesson C today is closely related to 'clown'. We started the first activity doing a clown craft. I like this craft, cos beside letting the kids know what is clown, it also teaches the different type of shapes that make up the face of the clown.

I only apply glue on the spot for pasting. Javier would pick up the shape and match it on the clown face and paste it himself. I printed the craft from here.

The smiley clown done by Javier. Jayden also joined us in this activity as we have our lesson in the morning.

Counting
I teach Javier about numbers of balloons the clown is holding. Beside learning numbers, I also let Javier colour the clown.
Tracing Letter C
After guiding Javier to trace the letter C, I let him do some colouring on his own while I prepare the items for the next activity. He seems to be in a mood of colouring today, whichever worksheet I passed to him, he would colour which is quite rare. Normally he doesn't enjoyed colouring that much.

Size sorting
I show the boys how to sort the coins from the smallest to the biggest size. It is too easy for Jayden whereas for Javier I need to guide him.
Capsicums Stamping
Our last activity for today is capsicum stamping. Javier is such a dear boy today. I left him to do the stamping himself while I coached jayden is his study. He did a great job in the stamping and he did not mess up the area at all. When he is finished with the stamping, he just called out to me to take a look at his work and ask me to keep away the stuffs.
The finished work of the capsicum stamping done by Javier.
Storytime
We also read a book ' A colour of his own' by Leo Lionni
It is a story about a chameleon who hope to search for a "color of his own." This delightful board book captures babies attention with simple content and colorful illustration. Both my boys like this book alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers