Friday, March 5, 2010

Letter C (Lesson 3)

Our theme for letter C today is caterpillar, most of the things we do is related to caterpillar.
Letter C pasting
I let Javier paste on red pom pom on the 'C' which I have drawn on the construction.
I added in one cat inside the C, but upon Javier special request for me to add in more cats. The C ended up with so many cats.

Counting with caterpillar

For this number caterpillar, I only focus on teaching Javier from 1-5. He like to remove the number and sticking it back again.

Sorting


I teach Javier between big and small

Example of foods and vegetables that start with C

This activity is fun, cos Javier got to touch the real object and also smell it. Instead of just looking at pictures.

My little boy keep hitting the carrot and the corn on the floor. He feel that it is very funny to do it.
I will introduce one things to him at a time and told him to feel and smell it. Next I would ask him to find the cards of the item and put the vegetables on top of it.
Finally, I show him the chocolate flashcard and the bowl of 'chocolates'. I know he will be distracted if I put the chocolates with the other vegetables. Thus I leave it to the last.


Caterpillar craft We paint the egg carton green for the caterpillar body. Mostly is paint by mummy, as Javier is not very keen to do painting today. :(

After the paint dry, I put on the attenna and the eyes for the caterpillar. Both my boys like playing with it. But I feel that it look abit scary and ugly. :(-


Storytime
We read 2 books on caterpillar, namely "The very hungry Caterpillar" and "The crunching Munching Caterpillar. The very hungry caterpillar is Javier favourite book, he like the part where the caterpillar eats alot of different food and got a tummyache. He like to flip to that page and told me the different kinds of things that the caterpillar have eaten. I guess from the countless time that I read that book to him, he had already memories the story... Towards the end of the story, when the caterpillar is inside the cacoon, I would ask him what happen after it???? He will immediately exclaimed " Butterfly"!!!!! haha.. it never fail to make me smile when he say it.

For this book, Jayden like it better. I think it is too wordy for Javier, thus he lose interest halfway thru the story.

Javier really enjoyed the lesson today, bcos he likes Caterpillar!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers