Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Letter C (Lesson 4)

Our Lesson for today would be C for 'Car'.

Letter Tracing

We started with the letter C tracing and colouring of the car.
Halfway through his colouring, he decided to exclaimed a 'Yahhhh'. What a funny little boy!!!!

Car Craft
I cut our the pieces for him to paste. Before letting him paste the wheels, I also teach him about the shapes of the wheels.
Javier car
Hahaha... Not sure why he make this expression, really comical and 'ugly'!

Things that start with C


After introducing each items to him, he will play with it for a while. He even told me to smile and say 'cheze' cos he wanna take a picture of him. Such a sweet boy.
I show him the pictures of the containers and told him to take some containers from the kitchen cabinet. And he really went to take this 2 containers for me. He talk to open and close the containers, he can reapeatly do it for half hour. I guess now he knows about big and small, he will put the bigger car in the big container and put the smaller cars into the small containers. Initially, I was wondering why he keep putting the green car into the big container, and why don't he just put all the cars into 1 container. Then I realise he is sorting it by size.
Javier playing with the car. He will turn the knob at the bottom of the car and put it on the floor. The car will move up and down.
Car painting
I painted the car wheels and get Javier to move it across the paper to create a car track. Javier like this activity alot.
Storytime
We read a story of 'The Berenstain bear and the Big Road Race' to end our lesson for today.
Just to sidetrack abit.
Javier took the foam letters from my room and play with it. So i just randomly took letter abc and ask him. Surprisingly, he get it all correct, Initially when he get it corrects, I thought it is just a lucky guess. But when I ask him a few times, he was able to give me the correct answers everytime. So I guess, the activity which I did with him really pays off. Although he seems to be playing during the lesson, but he is also absorbing what I am teaching.

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job to educate your boys too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.:) I am really glad to find so many mummy who have such great passion to teach their child at home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers