Saturday, March 27, 2010

Our homeschool activity 26.03.10

Our D theme for today is "DUCK".

Alphabet related Activities
We are going to do some duck craft today. First I traced Javier hand to make the feather of the duck. Javier like me to trace his hands on the paper, he keep asking me to draw until the whole paper is full of his hands!!!! :)


I cut out the shapes and Javier would paste it. I got to guide him on where to paste, if not the eyes would be paste all over the place, and the mouth would end up in the bottom.
For this activity, instead of letting Javier paste stickers on activity sheets, I used the round magnet for him to sticks on the circle. He is rather curious about magnet, he keep playing with it, moving around the board like a train.
Javier sticking the magnet on the ducks and letter "D"
2nd duck craft
Our 2nd duck craft, Javier enjoyed this craft much more than the previous craft that we did, as he got to play with cotton wool again!!!!
Our crafting in progress
Pretend Play
We sing a rhyme of "5 little Ducks". So I act out the song while I sing to make the song more interesting. I used 2 pillows to act as a mountain, so that the duck went out to play in the mountain, 1 duck would disappear behind the pillows, I continue to do so until all duck disappear. After I finished the song, I ask Javier where is all the ducks, he went to the othe side of the pillows and took out the 5 ducks and show me.

Javier even went to take his penguin and join in the ducks.

Learning Shapes
I borrowed a book from the library title " Shapes". Javier likes this book alot, he would bring this book to me to read during our lesson.
This is a very interesting book, it states how to teach the child the shapes which I think is very good.
I show Javier the things that are circle.
Maths
Showing the difference between big and small duck
Storytime
We read the "Duckling's first Spring". When I start reading this book, Javier told me 'no no.. I don't like! Then he pass me the "Shapes" book and ask me to read it instead. Then I told him, "mummy read this duckling book first ok. Then he says "ok", but after a while he told me to keep the duck book and read the shapes book again!!!! Hiaz... I think even young kids have their own like and dislike, no way to force them.

Learning Chinese

I read the "刷牙" book to Javier again and also the "小花狗"儿歌. After reading to him for 2 days, he is very familiar with the story and the rhyme now. Whenever he sees me act out the rhyme, he would follow me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers