Friday, May 21, 2010

Teaching Addition

Since Jayden know his counting and numbers recognition quite well now ( he can count and recognise up to 100). I think it is time to introduce addition to him now.

Actually I have already introduce the addition concept to him when we send Javier to school daily. I would ask him to count the birds and add them togather as we walked along the way. For example, I would get him to count the numbers of Myna and count the numbers of pigeon and add them togather. So I think his concept on addition is quite strong now. I also teach him to use his fingers to add two numbers togather, which he is doing great.

I have brought some books for Jayden to do his addition. He learnt quite quickly and gasped the concept very fast. He enjoys doing the addition assessment books which I bought for him, to this extent that I got to stop him from doing all of it.

2 comments:

  1. I chanced upon your blog while browsing around. It is heartwarming to see so many mummies here in Singapore as passionate as I am about homeschooling and home-coaching our kids. My boys are 5 and 3. :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really motivated when I saw the blog of so many mummy homeschooling their kids. I am glad that I have started it as it is a really good bonding time for me and my kids.

    Btw, you have done a very good job with your kids. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers