Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Books that Jayden read - April

In the past, Jayden seldom reads the story books himself, either daddy or me would read it to him. But now, I want him to read the books himself to build up his reading skill and reading habits. In this way, I hope he can be confidence of himself of his reading ability.


My boy have a weak point of having no confidence in himself, whenever I pass him a new book, without even looking through the book, he would tell me " I don't know how to read". After starting this reading activity with him, I can see that he is much more willing to try to read the book himself. I would assist him if he encounter any words he is not sure.

I would say that his reading skill is developed: by reading Ladybird "Peter and Jane" series. I would definetly start Javier on this when he is verbally and phonics ready.

Stories of Gnomes & Goblins by Christopher Rawson

This book consists of 4 stories of gnome, fairies and Pixies. The story is simple and plain. Jayden does not enjoy reading this book. I explained to Jayden about gnome and fairies, that they do not really exist and they are very tiny "person".

Green Eggs and Ham by Theodor Giesel (Dr Seuss) Seuss books is an all-time favourite among children. Since 1 year back, I have been wanting to introduce the books by this author to Jayden. But he have no interest in it at all. I have been reading good review about this book, so I decided to give it a try, so finally I get this book from the library for Jayden to read. The books consists of simple rhyming sentences which makes it easy for kids to read. Luckily Jayden like this book and enjoy reading it.

I have a habit of reading through the books which I borrowed from the library before reading it to Javier or letting Jayden read it. As I was reading throught this book, I find that although the story sound ridiculous, but the morale of the story is definetly a great one----that is "Do not be afraid to try new things!!!, you never know it until you try it." That's what I learnt from this book.

The Bears' Picnic by
Stan Berenstain
The book is about a family of bears who were going on a picnic. But they couldn t seem to find the right spot. Every time they went somewhere, something went wrong. Its funny rhyming patterns and words make it fun to read.

Jayde like the series of "The Berenstain Bears". I find that the books by this author is quite funny and definetly great pictures. Initially I find it quite lengthy to read it to Jayden, but now since he can read it himself with some assistance from me. I find that it is a really good book to build up his reading skill.


Thomas The Tank Engine (The railway series) by
Rev.W.Awdry
This book is the collection of stories about Thomas the tank engine first four adventures. He cheekily tries to upset Gordon, accidentally leaves his coaches behind, and has a lot of trouble with the Troublesome Trucks, but in the end he learns many lessons about being a Really Useful Engine. Indeed through these lesson, he managed to become a really useful engine.
Mr Chatterbox by Roger Hargreaves
The Mr. Men series is a simple series of books for preschooler. Each book tells a simple story with an important moral. The illustrations are very bright, colorful and would attract the kids attention greatly.

This book teaches the kids about modesty and the importance of listening. As his name suggests, he talks too much! His friends find a clever way to keep him quiet and make him a better listener. This hat grows ever time Mr. Chatterbox chatters aimlessly about nothing much in particular.

Recently, Jayden develope a real interest in this series. Everytime when I brought him to the library, he will searched for these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers