Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My birthday...

The clock seems to tick by so fast ever since I turned 21...... I don't feel like admitting but in actual fact.... I am already in my mid-thirties (which others would call me a aunty liao). When I was a teenager, I would wish for the time to pass by quickly so that I can be a adult soon. But now I wish I have a stopper to stop the time from moving forward...

Looking back, I am really ashamed to say that I have not make any accomplishment in my life. In the past, I worked for the sake of money, I got no desire for any promotion or whatsover. To me a job is just a 9 to 5 work which I can take back money at the end of the month. So I never regretted quitting my job to look after my boys. I feel that my life is more meaningful now as I got to spend alot of quality time with them. Although at times when I feel really frustrated and stressed out with looking after the boys, I tend to have the impulse to look for a job. But what stopped me is the many factors which I was considering if I work: I got to put them in childcare or nanny which I really don't like these options. If I let my Mil take care of them, I am worried that she will be too tired as my 2 little monkeys is really not easy to take care. And my mil health is not very good, she really cannot overworked herself.

So I guessed for the time being, I got to take care of them myself. I will see how it goes when my boys is in primary school, maybe atthat time I would be so free that I would be better off working.

For my birthday celebration, I have a quiet dinner with my hubby at Vienna International Seafood yesterday. And of course, my pil was really nice to look after my boys for us to enjoy the dinner. The food was nice and the price is reasonable, even though yesterday is Monday, but the place was really packed. After our dinner, I was thinking of shopping some clothes and toys for the boys, but all the shops were already close.

Well... for my birthday today.. daddy bought a cake from Bengawasolo for me. My boys sing me 2 birthday song (1 in english and 1 in chinese  :) ) and many many hugs from them. What more can I ask for when I have my 3 dearest people to celebrate my birthday with me. I am really and truly happy and appreciative of my life now. :)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers