Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Meet The Parent Session

Last week, I received a letter telling us about this meet-the parents session. As this is my first meet the parent session, I was rather excited and looking forward to this day. Previously, when Jayden was at Little Friends learning centre, there were no such meeting as the teacher will update us on the progress of our child when we picked up our child from school.

Jayden Teacher, Ms Lim was a kind and friendly teacher. From what the teacher told me he is adapting well to the class now, he do his work seriously and take pride in his work. He is very independent, such that he can complete his work by himself without assistance from the teachers. And the teacher comment that he don't like teacher to help him in his class work, he prefer to do it himself. But he tends to drift off into wonderland when he is doing his colouring, as he put his full concentration to it when he colours, he tends to ignore other things going on around him, which include teacher talking. (* Since young, Jayden have this problem of daydreaming in class, and when the teacher is teaching he would stare into space. The teacher got to call out to him to get his attention back)

He is very well-behave in class and is a very soft-spoken boy. But recently Ms Lim mentioned he is starting to get chatty, might be due to he has some kahki in class now. Jayden is a very reserved boy who don't make friends easily, so I am glad that he is mixing well in class now and has some good friends.

Ms Lim mention that his reading skill is very good, so he will offer his classmate some help during the reading time. I am so proud of my boy when the teacher told me this.

Some of the areas which needs improvement is his fine motor skill which is not very good. He cannot cut very well, need to have some practices at home. He needs to response quickly and speak up in class.

But overall, I think he is doing great in school. I am glad he is enjoying his time in this school and making alot of friends in his class as well as on the school bus.

Sometimes back, I asked him whether he wants to change to another Kindergarten. He rejected me immediately and told me he wants to continue in this school, I guess he has develop a bond to his classmate and teacher. But since he is doing well and happy going to school, I feel so much relief now after talking to his teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers