Saturday, October 9, 2010

Javier Pre-Nursery School Orientation

Javier would be going to another new school from next year, and hopefully he can attend this school all the way till K2. Judging from the conversation with the teachers and principal, and the materials and information of their Year 2010 event activities and curriculum, I am quite impressed by it. (And I hope that my decision to switch Javier to this school is right)

Some of the events and activities which took place this year are Bless and share Session where they invited the parents to the school to celebrate Mothers’ and Fathers’ Day together with the kids.(Engaged in the activities together enhanced family Bonding and strengthened the parent-teacher Relationship) Other events include Racial Harmony Day, National Day, Sports’ Day. Excursion is quite frequent with 1-2 trips per term.

For per nursery activities, it is as below:

  • Story Time
  • Reading Time
  • Outdoor activities (Sand Play, Water Play, Outdoor Sheltered Playground, Art and Craft)
  • Indoor Mini Gym
  • Integrated Learning activities
  • Directed activities
  • Music and Movement
  • Large and small group activities
  • Chinese Class

Teacher Student Ratio: 8 : 2 (one teacher and One assistant)

The main worry for me at this moment is the transportation. I am quite confirmed that I would be letting Javier take school bus to school. But knowing that he will surely cry his heart out If I let him board the bus himself without me going with him. I really cannot imagine when that day comes… :( I constantly feel that I am being so cruel to him to let him take the school bus to school at such a tender age.

I am still cracking my brain over this problem…..:(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers