Saturday, October 9, 2010

Homeschooling – 24th Week (23-29 August 2010)

This is a very long overdue post.. so long so that I have forgotten what I did with Javier. :P But I will briefly update it in this post on what we did for Letter Q.

Theme for the week: Queen. I get most of my printable materials from here. Based on the Queen theme, I introduce him the word : Crown.

Learning Letter P:

These are the activities which we did for learning letter P which includes letter tracing, dot a art, letter Q hunt and sticking pasting.

Letter P tracing: Dot art on Letter Q:I like this picture of Javier concentrating to do his dot art. :)

Letter Q Hunt:2nd activity of Letter Q tracing:Lastly, stickers pasting on the Letter Q: 

Doing Crafts: We did one craft on a Queen wearing a crown. Javier enjoyed this craft alot, 100% participation from him. :) First I got him to do some dot on the letter Q. Next we add in some glitter glue onto the crown which I had cut earlier on. Javier enjoyed this part so much, he just keep pressing the glue all over the crown. :P          Lastly, Javier put glue on the the Q for pasting onto another construction paper.

Poem which we read: Quiet Time

Javier have zero interest when I read this poem to him. He was either not paying attention or attempting to wander to elsewhere.  

Books we Read: I have completely forgotten what books we read for this theme. :P

Learning Chinese: We read a 儿歌,read some story books and 唐诗.

Learning Maths: We played some numbers game for our maths learning activity. He always feel stressful when I asked him to point to the numbers to me. So I though of a “clever” method to get him to enjoy and point to the numbers willingly to me. I got him to put the biscuits on the numbers which I have said. Indeed he was busy putting the biscuits on the numbers and stuffing it into his mouth after.

Other skills: I bought some books for him to practice his handwriting skill.  He can’t do this very well yet. The dot which he drew is not obvious enough as he did not exert enough force while dotting. He can trace this line but still requires some practices to further improve on his fine motor skill.

Learning Shapes: We learnt Pentagon for this week. I was still saying to him, mummy doesn’t have any objects to show you the Pentagon Shape. And so quickly, he dashed off to the toy room to take out this shape puzzles and point to me Pentagon. Well done! Javier…. I din even think of this puzzles….. :(

Other activity: Javier was so into the glitter glue that he took a paper from me to draw some pictures and later add some glitter glue to it. He is so creative to draw the picture and even told me what he is drawing…. but mummy was unable to visualize  what is the picture about no matter how I see it. :P  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers