Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Our Homeschool Activity 05.04.10

A new letter of the Week...... Letter E!!!! It was quite a fun theme as Javier was rather fascinated by elephant.

Alphabet Activities
We started with the introduing of letter E to Javier, follow by the letter tracing. I would hold Javier hand to guide him to write the letter.

After tracing the letteer, Javier was busing scribbling on the paper.
I find this picture of Javier so funny, with his name tag hanging over his neck.

Next we read a poem on "An elephant", as I sing this poem, I will act out the words to make it more interesting.
He was not very interested in this poem when I first read to him, but after reading to him for a few times, he began to like this poem. I would get him to read some of the words with me.
Learning New Words
For this week, I taught Javier 4 new words: elephant, ear, envelope and egg.
For egg, I let him have the experience of peeling the hard-boiled egg. Indeed he have great fun peeling and of course eating the egg. :)
I ask Javier " Where is your ear? Can you pull your ear?. He immediately pulled his ear and showed me, and he really pulled real hard!!!! He even came over to pull my ear, and when I made the "Ouch" sound, he keep laughing!!!! And needless to say, he have a really fun time pulling my ears until I gotta stop him. :(
I explanined to Javier what is the purpose and usage for a envelope, and showed him we can put things inside to send to other people. My curious little boy also want to try putting things into the envelope.
Craft
We did 2 crafts on elephants.


Storytime
We read a book " Elmer's Weather", but I think I chosen the wrong book for Javier. He is not interested in the book at all. Halfway through my read, he keep asking me to stop and told me to change another book to read to him. :(
Learning Shapes
This week, Javier is learningi Square. I used this shape book to teach him square, as he really like this book alot.
Learning Chinese
We read a book "你好". I am not sure whether is it that he is feeling cranky, whatever book I read to him, he keep saying 'no... no... no'. He is especially angry when I try to read this book to him. But I still managed to finish reading this book to him, as it is a read short and simple story book.
Free play I
Normally after our lesson, Javier would play with his toys before we went to pick Jayden back from school. I just bought this puzzles for him few days ago, he really like playing with it. He has a special liking for shapes and colour. He never get sick of playing, he can play repeatedly for a few times everyday.

Free Play II
Javier mood becomes much better after his dinner and shower. I let him play with the blocks and guide him to sort colour and build into different colour blocks. With my encouragement, he can do very well, he managed to stack all the blocks quite fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers