Sunday, April 25, 2010

Icreative Lesson week 14 (17.04.2010)

For Jayden weekly icreative class.. the teacher would give him 1 homework and some reading materials for him to practice at home. As this term, the main focus is on the reading skill. So he got quite a number of worksheet to practice his reading.

Weekly poem- Every week, he will bring back a new poem for him to practice at home, and the teacher will get each kids to read out the poem in class during the next lesson. Jayden enjoy reading these poems, so he will automatically take it out to read it out to me everyday.
The ryhming "fan" book
Based on the poem, he got to draw some pictures related to the theme of the poem.
During his lesson, normally the teacher will get the kids to do 1 or 2 worksheet. He is more willing to do his worksheet in classs now.
A few months back, he refused to do all the worksheets, so ended up... at the end of the class, he always handed a blank worksheet back to the teacher. When Teacher Jovin talk to me about it, I told her to be more stern to him and make him do the worksheet... but teacher Jovin really can't bear to scold him when she sees the pityful face of Jayden.
So I got to make him do the worksheet at home. And when I am doing the worksheet with Jayden at home, I realised that it is not due to that he don't know how to do the worksheet, he knows all the answer... Its simply that he refused to write in class!!!! I was really in a dilmena whether to stop his lesson or not (cos I was thinking, maybe he is not interested in the class anymore). But after talking to the teacher, she told me Jayden is doing really well in other areas beside writing. (All along, I know that Jayde hates to write, even at home... it is really difficult to get him to write). Teacher Jovin is a really patient and nice teacher, who would encourage and motivate the students.

I am really glad that I let him continue the class... I really sees a great improvement in him now, both in his phonics and his writing. He is quite good in his phonics now and he is more willing to write now, although I cannot push him too hard to write too much lah....
Saying the name of the missing letter. He is really game at this game now... We read this list of words daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers