Sunday, June 23, 2013

Malacca Road Trip 19 ~ 21 June 2013 --- Part I


It was an enjoyable short trip to Malacca for us. The boutique hotel that we spend our 2 night in and the yummy, mouth watering food add up and give us a really unforgettable memories. I would be definitely coming back to this hotel for my next visit to Malacca.

65
We would be staying at Courtyard at Heeren during our trip here. Its a very nice boutique hotel just next to Jonker Street, so everything is within walking distance. They do have a "car park" behind the place, and it's a bit hard to locate, thus the staff took D there for the 1st time.

The place is beautifully designed with nice old style shophouse ambience. I would like to specially mentioned that the staffs give excellent service and was very friendly and helpful.


My boys were totally captured by the small pond with koi fishes in it. They were busy dashing here and there following whenever the fishes swim.



The cool refreshing Ice Lemon Water for the guests while we waited for our room and plenty of comfortable seats for us to laze around.




He loves to make funny faces and make us laugh, sometimes it is real difficult to show him a stern face (when actually we are suppose to scold him) and stop ourselves from breaking into a laugh whenever he make silly faces.


Busy time dashing up and down the stairs, we were lucky that they never get complained by the staffs.



The staffs brought us up to the room and lugging our heavy luggage to the room for us!
 

Room is stunning and size is spacious.



Little one taking a quick rest before we go for our late lunch.

Once we checked-in and dumped our things in our room, we just walked everywhere. The only problem is walking up the street is quite nerve wrecking, esp with kids in toll. I have to constantly shout at my boys to behave and stop playing while walking as there is no pedestrian walkway and you're almost in the way of the vehicles as it's quite a narrow road with cars parked on one side.

We began our journey searching for the famous chicken rice stall but alas.. we went the wrong direction and lost our way. After walking in the hot sun for close to 40 minutes, we finally managed to locate this chicken rice stall although it was not where I had intended to have my chicken rice in the first place. But we were dead tired and sweaty so we just walk in and order our meal.


We ordered some vegetables, roast pork, char siew and roast chicken.



23
It was a really bad decision to have our lunch here. The food is really not up to standard (Char siew too sweet, roast pork to tough, chicken meat not tender at all), the only plus point I can think of is that it serve loose chicken rice instead of ball rice (Javier hates rice ball). I could easily have a better chicken rice at the food court near my place. It would be much wiser to choose the other 2 chicken rice shop just further down the road (I would be mentioning about the much raved about chicken rice shop in my Day 02).  Oh, seriously, you can really give this place a miss! Smile with tongue out



A icy ice cream (which they called it 鸡蛋冰 because it is shaped like an egg ) on a hot day after our meal~


Further down the road as we make our way to 三叔公 for some shopping, I saw this!!!!!  This is the one of the shop that serve one of the best chicken rice here. There is always a long queue here. Do go early else you might be disappointed as they close quite early. Since we have already stuff our tummy full, I would have to give it a miss today and go try it tomorrow.



It’s a great shopping place for anyone wanting to get the native products of Malacca. For a shopping addict like myself, I definitely wouldn’t pass up any chance of shopping. I sure managed to grab a few bags full of goodies for my friends and relatives. ^^
 

While the boys and D much prefer to sit and sip on a cup of nice cooling drink, they decided to enjoyed their quiet moment here instead.

Ok… maybe just a few seconds of peacefulness before little one began his mischief again.

The big bottle of Ice tea 



38

We make our way back to our hotel for a rest as you can see my face look real sleepy.. (Yawn)

This is just a portion of the loots that I got from 三叔公。

Little boy demonstrating how he doze off to lala Land.

Well…. don’t be mistaken… the hotel doesn’t provide any blue bugs bunny pillow. ahaha…  It’s specially brought here by my boy, he need to hug this pillow to sleep.  (^__^)

After recharge, we began our day 01 exploration—to the A Farmosa fortress.

The only remaining part of the ancient fortress of Malacca.
 











After our trip to A’Farmosa, it was getting late. Thus we decided to head back and find a place for our dinner. Actually we had intended to dine at Ole Sayang which I had dine there twice previously but unfortunately it was close when we reached there (It seems that it is not open on Wednesday) 

Thus we drove back to Jonker street, hoping to dine at Nancy Restaurant which is just a short distance from our hotel. But…. oh dear, it closes at 5.30pm (its already 8plus when we reached there). So no choice, we just drove around to find a dining place and chance upon this “GEM”. It is a simple coffee shop which doesn’t stand out from any eatery and of course no fancy decoration whatsoever. What makes us choose this place is because most of the shop which is still open at 8 plus is malay food eatery or due to hygiene reason.

Upon entering this eatery, the staff already warn us that the waiting time is going to be very longggggggg……but we says never mind.

The place is bright and clean.

But never did I imagined that the waiting time could be around 1hr. Wow.. its so so so long.. and we have only our drink to fill our tummy. By the time our food arrive, it was a few minutes to 10pm, we were really famished, especially my poor boys who have to bear with the hunger.


The soup of this steam fish is really delicious. We slurped down the whole bowl of soup.

Ngoh Xiang

Just one word to describe this meal ~ “SUPERB”, I think this is the best and yummiest meal for our 3 days here. The food here is well done and tasty but as I had mentioned earlier, the downside for this restaurant however is that you must be willing to wait. I heard that the normally waiting time is around one and a half hours. Faintz….

This meal is cheap, cost us less than RM50 for all these.

After our meal, I wanted to take a picture of this eatery so that I would remember this place and plan it in my itinerary for my next visit. (oh gosh.. I am already thinking of my next visit) Actually the staff have already switch off the light for the sighboard as we are the last customer and they are ready to close for the day, but the kind boss “ON” the light for me seeing that I wanted to take a picture of the shop. ^__^

If you are willing to wait, its definitely a good to place to have your meal here. But since I have 2 kids with me, I find that the waiting might be a tat too long as the boys get restless when they need to sit there and wait so long.

老地方 (Tin Kheng Tiang)
Address:
No.78, Jalan Kota Laksamana 5,
Taman Kota Laksamana,
75200 Melaka
Phone: 06-2830681
Business hour 12pm-3pm & 7pm-10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers