Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Release Tongue Tied Surgery

Javier operation was schedule on today morning, thus we will suppose to reach the Day surgery at 8am to register him. Luckily, my boy was such a sweetie this morning and did not fuss or throw temper when Jayden woke him up at 6.45am. He got up, change his clothes and we were ready to leave.

I guess we did not have a really great start… while in the KKH carpark, Javier hit against a lock securing the fire hydrant and got a really bad cut near his left eye.

After registered, we waited for 2hrs for the operation. Some numbing cream was applied onto the hand to ease the pain for the injection later on.


Throughout the 2hrs wait (since only 1 parent is allowed to accompany the child, and I was the one appointed by Javier, so here I am with him in the waiting room which is full of toys and CN network show to entertain the kids). I must comment that he is a really well behaved boy today, he just play the toys quietly, never throw his temper once or whine during the long wait. Perhaps deep down, he do feel nervous too.. even the nurses says he is such a quiet boy. Open-mouthed smile(which is definitely not true in normal circumstances)

The GA doctor brief us that there are 2 method used to put the kid to sleep , one is using injection method to administer the GA, and secondly is using the mask. Thus they would try the injection method first, if that is not successful, they would then used the mask. I am glad that the nurses were really great in distracting him when they are doing the injection, they used stickers and also getting him to blow bubbles.

And in just 5 minutes, the injection was complete, Javier did not even know or feel anything, thus he was quite surprise to see a tube hanging on his hand. The next minute, as the GA was about to administer into the tube, I got to hold Javier real tight in my arm as he sit on my lap as he would slip into unconsciousness anytime now. And it was real fast, just a few seconds as the nurse inject the GA, he was totally unconscious, as the nurse carry my boy to the op bed, I feel so much like crying. It feel really heartpain to see him like that.

The operation was a quick one, all was complete in 30 minutes. For my boy’s case, the GA wears off real fast, he was already conscious when they wheeled him to the Operating Theatre recovery room. He was crying real badly and complaining of pain when I saw him. This is my 2nd heartpain, seeing him wailing so badly and in so much pain. As I console him, my voice was choking and I also feel like crying with him. Luckily, after giving him some pain killer, it lessen his pain and he managed to doze off and get some rest. But on and off, he would still open his eyes and peep whether I am still beside him. Thus D was only able to see him when he was wheeled back to the Day Surgery recovery room as Javier wouldn’t let me go out of his sight.

I am glad that this is over and Javier is on the road to recovery. Though now he did complain of pain from time to time, with some coaxing, he still takes his milk and eat his porridge and not forgetting he still likes his “Kinderjoy” and wanted D to get 2 for him while we are on our way back.

Lastly, I would like to thanks all for your great concern, it really warm my heart knowing that so many of you out there are here cheering for us. THANKS SO MUCH!

1 comment:

  1. Hi CY, I almost teared when I read this post. Can totally relate to how you feel. I was feeling the same when my younger son undergone a surgery. Hope all goes well for your family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers