Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Winter Melon, Woodear & Pork Ribs Soup

I have been goggling for new recipes to try for our lunch and dinner, instead of cooking the same food all the time for my family. I came across this easy to prepare soup which looks nutritious. Recently, I would cooked a big pot of soup, and used partial of the soup base for cooking rice instead of water so that the boys will get the most of the nutrition from the soup. (and I realized the rice taste sweeter and smoother this way)

Credit: This recipe is taken entirely from here.

Ingredients: (serves 2 - 3)
300g Of Pork Ribs
150g Winter Melon, cut into chunk
2 Cluster of Fresh Woodears(Black Fungus/木耳), cut into big pieces
1 Sweet Corn, cut into sections
6 Big Red Dates

Method:
1. Blanched pork ribs in boiling water for 2 - 3 minutes, remove and rinse with tap water. Set aside.
2. Bring 1.5 litres of water to boil in a soup pot.
3. Add in all the ingredients except wolfberries and when the mixture comes to boil again, lower the heat and simmer for about 30 - 40 minutes.
4. Lastly drop in wolfberries(I did not include this in my soup) and season with salt to taste according to own preference.

2 comments:

  1. Stock for rice water, that is so 奢侈! But the rice must be very yummmy! Just like chicken rice using chicken stock to prepare it!! I must try it with my soup stock!! If I have soup and cook veggie, I will scoop 1 or 2 tbsp into my veggie dish too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiaz.. bobian... since my boys are fussy eaters, I got think of all sorts of way to let them get the nutrition they need; so I think this is a good idea and I realise the rice taste much nicer and I think my boys feel so judging by the speed they eat their rice now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers