Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pumpkin Rice

This is a very healthy, delicious and easy dish to prepare when I am feeling lazy to cook. Actually Jayden loves it, he had been wanting me to cook it for him. But after the failed attempt about 1yr ago, I was quite reluctant to cook it. But yesterday I managed to get the tips to cooking a simply marvelous, delicious pumpkin rice. And I was very keen to try it out today and I am glad that my boys love it, and they finished their meal within 15 minutes.

Beside the pumpkin rice, I also cooked ABC soup and boiled some hot dog.

Ingredients:
- A small piece of pumpkin, skin removed & cut to small cubes
- 100g minced pork (I prefer to use minced pork to 3-layered pork( as my boys doesn’t like 3-layered pork)
- a few shiitake mushrooms –- cut to thin slices
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- dried shrimp
- 1 cup of rice, washed
- Water to cook the rice*
- 1/2 tablespoon of oil

* ratio of about 1 cup rice to slightly under 1 cup of water – may vary with different rice cooker

Method:
1. Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in wok.
4. Sauté garlic and dried shrimp until fragrant. Next add in minced pork and stir fry further. Then add pumpkin, mushrooms and stir fry for a short while.
5. Add uncooked rice and fry for 1-2 minutes.
6. Transfer the stuff to the rice cooker..
7. Add water. Cook in rice cooker.
8. After rice is cooked, stir and gently mash up pumpkin. Keep warm for a few minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers