Saturday, June 4, 2011

Books for our home learning

I have been looking for books suitable for Javier for our home learning. I find that these books are just suitable for him. I have started the red train readers for Javier’s Chinese home learning beside the 四五快读。

Whereas for English reading, I have stop the Peter and Jane series with him, as he feel so stress whenever he sees me take the book out for our alternate day learning. (I don’t want to force him to read, but would like our daily reading to be enjoyable instead) So we have started our new English learning with the red train readers (for sight words) and Progressive Phonics (for phonetic words). And I am glad to say that this works well for the both of us.

This is the Red Train Readers.

Since he can recognise some words now, reading prove to be more exciting for him now. As I read books to him, whenever he sees words which he knew, he would point it out and read it out to me. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers