Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tokyo Trip (Day 2 – Part II)

Ok, after some rest, I went back to Harajuku again to continue my shopping. Well one thing about going around in Tokyo is by the train,  and it is rather complicating to have so metro subway lines or JR lines. Sometime in order to get to one place from my hotel, I need to change a few lines to reach my destination. But the plus point is that most of the place is reachable by train, so throughout my 1 week stay in Tokyo, my sole transportation is the train.

And the Japanese really leave me with a very good impression. They are very polite, orderly people. Even during the peak hour, they will still queue orderly to wait for all the passengers to come out of the train before they board the train. The orderly manner when they are taking the escalators. Unless they are rushing for time, all of them would automatically stand on the left side.

I saw this 2 little boys in their rather cute school uniform, and they even wore a hat.

It was already evening when I continue my 2nd part of shopping at Harajuku.

Although the tree is bare, but I think it does look nice in the picture against the darkening sky.
I pass by this shop which sells smurf stuffs. It really bring back my childhood memory as the smurf cartoon was one of my favourite in those days.


These 2 dogs really caught my attention so I just stand there and watch them … they were trying to pull the young lady along. It was later that I notice that something have caught the dogs attention thus that’s why they kept pulling the lady owner towards it.  
And so this is the culprit. :P I was so excited to see the donkey there, so I went over and ask the man whether I can take a picture of him and the donkey. And he gladly agreed and pose for me to take a  few shots.
 
Many brands can be found along this stretch of street, from LV, Burberry, Ralph Lauren …
I like this idea of using the zebra juggling the bags, and I think Javier would be very excited if he sees it.

I was searching high and low for the kiddyland which sells cute characters or toys, and lost my ways couple of time that I chanced about this book shop. Most of the books are in Jap but I still managed to get a few English story books for my boys.

Finally asking the 3rd person for direction (the sales staff in Crayon house, I managed to find Kiddy Land. Phew… 
I wanted to wait for D for dinner although it is already 8plus. So I bought Takopachi for a bite.
This was quite special as it comes with soup. Given that it was a really cold night, after drinking the HOT soup, it did give me some warmness.

 
I was so so excited when I saw all this cute toys an stuffy!!!! Each of them look so cute and cuddly….
 
I spend 1hr walking around deciding what to get for gifts for my boys and nieces. I don’t think one would get sick from keep looking at these cutie.

And finally at 9plus, D told me he won’t be able to meet me for dinner. So I took a train to Shinjuku for dinner, I decided on Shinjuku, as it is one place that is still bustling with activities and most of the eatery open till very late every day. This is my dinner. Very filling..

So after my dinner, I headed back to hotel as I have still so much places to explore tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Japan packaging is so cute, u just wan to buy EVERYTHING home!! I have to 忍忍忍!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. same sentimental! all the things so cute and nice:P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers