Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tokyo Trip 24 Feb – 3 Mar 2011 (Day 2 - Part I)

We rise bright and early today as D need to go office today. We have a simple breakfast at Selfridge Cafe. 

The food was not really fantastic.
Time to do some shopping since D would be busy in the office till quite late today. My first stop for today is Takeshita dori which is situated opposite Harajuku Station.

If you like street wear and casual clothes, this is definitely the place to check out! I certainly bought alot of stuffs here! :P

Harajuku station still retains the old architecture which looks rather unique as compared to other station.
 
From afar, you would see this bright and colour balloon signage which you wouldn’t miss… and seeing this you would know you have reached Takeshita dori. A close up shot of it.

Along the way, I saw many shops selling cute handphone or bag ornaments. 
And I happen to chance upon this shop which sells tutu skirt for adults. I think it would be normal to see the Japanese young girls wearing it. But it would be rather awkward and funny if any adults wear this in Singapore.

This is a very popular stall selling Crepes, the queue seems never ending. But I did not tried it as I wasn’t feeling too hungry early in the morning. 
A wide selection on the different flavors crepes.

I saw this really special 2 storey shops selling very unique clothes that cannot be found elsewhere. Beside that I like the decoration of this shop, it gives a warm and countryside feeling.

The stairs leading to the 2nd storey.   
I spot this lady wearing a very ladylike dress that seems kinda like what the cosplay characters wore. Harajuku is an area in Shibuya that’s a popular haunt for cosplayers. If you go there on a weekend, you would see Japanese teenagers dressed up in various anime and characters. But well, since I was there on Friday, I missed it.. but that’s not my purpose in going there anyway. :P
 
This shops sell clothes that are more suitable for stage performance. 
 
This is their Daiso, I did went in to see see look look but did not make any purchase there.
 
The trend now is more to sweet flowery clothes. Notice that girl wearing hat inside the shop, the Jap girls like to dress this way. Wearing heels with frilly socks and hat.

I decided to have my lunch in this little cafe. This my lunch consisting of pudding with strawberry jam, red tea (just to side track abit, I noticed that the people here likes to drink tea instead of gassy drinks. The drinks sold in their vending machine or eatery is mostly different kind of tea)The gum syrup for the red tea.My Teriyaki chicken rice with boiled Lotus and soft boiled egg. It was very delicious!!!!
 
These are the desserts sold in the shop, it looks so tempting.. rite? 
 
More desserts
…. 
What a nice way to enjoyed my lunch.. siting the at the window and watches the passerby and the activities outside.

Along this stretch of shops, I spotted many “Black man” standing around. Their main purpose was approaching single guys or very very trendy pretty girls. So I can guess they must be up to “not very good thingy”. Beside seeing these “Black man” that gives me goose- bump  whenever I walked pass them, basically Japan is a really safe country.
 
More of the shops….

A guy dressed up like cosplayer and standing on the stool to shout for customers, very catchy that I just have to stop and snap it down. :P
 
This is a shop selling dogs apparel, pram and many other stuffs… All the things are so cute!!!!! Initially when I stepped into this shop, I thought it is selling baby clothes.. :P

Just thought that this restarurant look kinda errie, so I just snap it down. (You know lah… I like to snap here, snap there) :D
 
Spotted this little Kawaii girl, she is so cute dressed in this way. I noticed that the kids here dressed very nicely and looked really kawaii neh, be it boys or girls.
 
The girls still wear so short even though it was a cold day, whereas I was like a dumpling, wrapped with long sleeve and a jacket.
 
Be sure to check out the lingerie at tutuanna, very comfortable, nice and sexy! :D I cannot resist and bought 4 sets. :P
 
Another hot trendy mummy pushing her baby.
 
I decided to head back to hotel after a fruitful trip here, as the loots are getting heavy. And I do need a rest for my tiring feet. needed for a old lady like me .

So I will continue my 2nd part of my Day 2 here.

2 comments:

  1. Your shopping trip looks really interesting. I guess there are too many things to see in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beside the shopping,there are so much to see there. I had a great time there, experiencing their different lifestyle, different culture and most impt is that the people there are a very nice bunch! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers