Friday, April 15, 2011

Tokyo Trip – Day 7

Today is our last day in Japan, as tomorrow morning we would taking the morning flight back to Singapore. We enjoyed ourselves alot in this trip, but at the same time I missed my boys!

The agenda for today is Glibli Museum, Mitaka. It may seems new to your if I just mention the museum name to you, but I am sure most of us would knows TOTORO aka 龙猫.

Located in Mitaka, just outside of central Tokyo, the museum is a must-see for fans of the films. The museum itself is whimsically designed in the distinct style of the studio's films, and many of their famous characters are there, including a life-sized robot from Castle in the Sky on the rooftop garden.

Vending Machine selling Cigarettes.

We took this cute catty bus to Glibi Museum  Our Movie ticket

.

.

.

.

.

Since we are not allowed to snap pictures inside the museums, of course I cannot waste any opportunity of snapping pictures at the rooftop garden! :D .

.

.

.

.

.

Time for FOOD

 I bought a Totoro Softie.

It was a new and great experience for us after the visit to this museum. I would say it is worth the time to make the trip here.

.

.

.

.

.

After the tour at Glibi Museum, we went to the nearby park for a stroll. And we saw these really nice peach blossom in the park. There in the park, we see group of mummy with kids having picnics there.

.

.

.

.

.

.

We take a long stroll back to the train station instead of taking the bus. It is kinda nice to walk in the cooling weather.

We were wandering about, unable to decide what to have for lunch and I saw KFC. Frankly I missed fast food!!! :P And so we decided to have KFC for our lunch.

After stuffing our tummy with food, we took the subway to Harjuku again to do some last minute shopping. Saw F21 having sales, and decided to go inside to see see look look…. and managed to get a nice flowery top. :P .

.

.

.

.

.

.

Lastly, we went to a shopping street near our hotel since it was still early.

Over here, PACHINKO & SLOT is a favourite game among Japanese man. After working hours, you could see alot of them engrossed in this game playing.   
We walked further to find the fresh seafood market selling crabs, octopus…..
 
We went back to the hotel after the walk in this shopping alley, as we still had a morning flight to catch tomorrow.

I enjoyed myself greatly in this Japan trip, with the great shopping experience, good food, friendly and helpful people I met here.

Phew.. and I finally finished writing up my Japan trip post! Yeah :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers