Saturday, April 30, 2011

Odd or Even

Today I introduced odd and even to the boys. I think Javier wasn’t interested at all, he was busy peeling the stickers, and couldn’t wait to do the activity. As what I have written on the paper. Firstly, I wrote 5 numbers and draw the numbers of dots equivalent to it. So I explained to them that ‘even number’ would always go in a pair, while ‘odd numbers’ would always left the last dot with ‘no friend’.

So after showing them a few examples, I whip out a hundred chart worksheet to do some activity related to our learning.I told them since the ‘odd numbers’ would always left the last dot with ‘no friend’, I want them to paste a stickers on all odd numbers so that the ‘odd number’ won’t be sad! :P

This activity was a hit for my boys!!!! I am glad to say that Jayden knows his odd and even very well after this lesson. Javier was very keen to help us paste the stickers.

This is the hundred chart which my boys were busy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers