Thursday, January 27, 2011

House Renovation

I was really dreading the day the renovation works start. Firstly, we got to find another place to stay as the really dusty and dirty condition of the house is not suitable for the kids to stay in and secondly our house looks like a a congested warehouse stuff with all kinds of “junk” as you can see from the below picture, it would be a real ‘headache’ to sort all these junks later. :( Our major work for this renovation is hacking and replacing with new tiles for the living room and 1 bedroom. This renovation is not only unavoidable but there’s an urgency to it. Some tiles in our living room has popped up and it is only a matter of time that it cracked. Instead of waiting for this happen, we reckon it would be wiser to replace the tiles now.

Finally on the 07th Jan 2011, our living room are all cleared (all our things are stuffs into the other 2 bedrooms, kitchen or corridor) … waiting for the contractor to do the hacking job.

Before the hacking….. Halfway thru the hacking…. The bedroom… And phewww….. on the 5th day, the tiles laying is finally about to complete. So the washing up of the place by the contractor would be on the next day.

Our new tiles…It took us almost 3 days to clean up the whole house and it was really tiring and tedious.

After the cleaning up, we decided to take this opportunity to paint the house also. The initial plan was to paint the house ourselves, but after much consideration, I think it would be better if we get someone to paint for us instead as I knows nuts about painting while D also have limited experience in house painting lor. I think it would take us 2 weeks to paint the whole house! :P

Painting in progress…With the final job of putting the wallpaper in our living room 2 days ago, I am glad to say that our renovation is finally completed.Over at the wall where we mount our clock, we paste some flower wall stickers on it. As it would look rather dull to just have a little clock at 1 corner of the wall.

I even got a glass cabinet from Ikea to display my precious moment figurine.This is our living room. I make use of half of the dining area to set up a study area for my boys.

Lastly, I would like to thanks all (I’m sure you know who you are! :D)who helps us during our renovation period, letting us have a comfortable place to stay, looking after my kids and playing with my kids. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Your hubby got a lot of comics har????

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, my!! you got really sharp eyes! Actually those comics belong to me..:P

    I used to be a comics addict in my younger days, although I still read comics now, but not so extensively. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I din realize u have wallpaper on the wall leh..
    Sunflower:the comics that u see fr the picture ho is two rows de..meaning there are two rows of comics on each shelve......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know u collect precious moments figurine. THere is a Precious moments park about 7hr drive away frome me. Hahaha I have been bugging my hubs to go but he always dilly dally because other than the park there is not much things there. Let u know when I going incase you have some collectibles you want to get :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Littlekaikai: The wallpaper was put up after Javier bday, thus you din see it when you came over the other day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers