Saturday, August 25, 2012

Meet the parents session

Today we met up with Javier’s teachers. I am pleased and relieved to hear very good comments on his learning progress and behavior in school. Both teacher mentioned that he has no problem in his work and he learnt things fast. He can grasp what the teacher is saying very fast, thus teachers like to ask him to demonstrate to the class on some occasion, like dong some actions and dancing. ^_^. 

His Chinese teacher 郭老师 feedback that his word recognition is very good, (thanks to 四五快读). But this in turn makes the lesson seems boring to him, thus his attention span tends to wonder elsewhere during some lesson time.

But other than that, he is a well-rounded boy, outspoken, participate actively in sports, dance and singing. Open-mouthed smileFrankly I feel so pleased and relieved that he is coping so well in this school now. I would say he has started to enjoy going to school now, I think the main reason is  that he likes his 2 teachers. Did I mentioned that Javier’s current English teacher is a 3rd one for this year!!! Sad smile He doesn’t really enjoy or like the previous 2 teachers, thus he really really dislike going to school during term 1 and 2. However, I noticed that his whining started to get lesser and lesser as term 3 progress, until presently, he doesn’t says he don’t want or don’t like to go school already. Phew… that’s a really a load off my mind.

It is only when I met up with his English Teacher Mrs Tismo that I started to understand why he love this teacher. She is a really gentle, caring and patient teacher who really dote the kids. Though she has only taught Javier for about a term, she has already won the trust of Javier. I believe that it’s only when the kids really like the teacher and enjoys going to school, that is when the kids will really learn well and progress. I sees a huge improvement in his learning progress as compared to the previous terms. 

One thing I like to mentioned is that this teacher has a effective and simple way to teach spelling, that is, she teach the kids how to spell numbers thru singing. Javier loves to sing his number spelling song every day..which goes like this O-N-E 1, T-W-O 2….. (of course there is a rhythm to it) ^_^ In this way he can spell his number effortlessly now.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Choon Yen,

    I emailed you on 23rd August, but didn't receive a response from you.. I'm not sure if you're aware of this.. but its the Merlion's 40th Birthday this year. From the 12th to 16th of September, there will be free nightly lightshow performances running at the Merlion Park. (more details: http://www.yoursingapore.com/content/traveller/en/browse/apps/eventdetails.merlion-40th-birthday-celebrations.html)

    I am currently gathering Merlion-related content for the video-photo montage that will be shown on the LED Screen during each light show. I came across your photo with your boys and you at the Merlion Park. I think its a really sweet photo and I'd like to feature it in the photo montage. http://mylittledarlingboys.blogspot.sg/2011/10/hello-mr-merlion.html
    Would that be ok with you? :)

    The video-photo montage will be about 4-minutes long and photos featured will be flashed onto the screen for about 2-3 seconds long.

    I look forward to your response, as well as to have your whole family join us in for the celebrations! Do reach me at charlene.lie@mla.com.sg. Thank you!

    Warm regards,
    Charlene Lie
    Project Coordinator
    MLA Special Events

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers