Sunday, November 14, 2010

Homeschooling Week 27th & 28th (25 Oct – 07 Nov 2010)

I was surfing the net looking for good books for the boys and came across this book which I think should be quite fun and interesting to do a lapbooking with Javier based on the “The little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear. For my lapbook materials, I printed the material from here.

This is the book we used for our lapbooking.The cover of our lapbook.First page of our lapbook, I shall describe more about it further down in this post.The 2nd page of our lapbook. Besides these activities in these 2 pages, I also did some other activities in conjunction to our letter S learning and some craft related to this theme. We learnt about the food that Bear likes to eat. This is a activity of dot to dot joining which I assisted Javier and later the colouring of the strawberry we did togather. (Good activities for number sequence)        This is the strawberries outline tracing which he did it by himself. We did a revision on colour and matching the colour the the different types of fruits.A strawberry puzzle which he is not interested at all.

For Maths Learning, we learnt about half. So I replaced strawberry (as in the story book) with banana.My boys enjoyed this activity alot. After cutting and showing them ‘what is half’. I pass each of them a plastic knife and let them cut up the banana themselves. And I told them they must finish up the banana that they cut. And luckily they did. :)

Next, we talked about the different kind of products made of strawberry. I then asked Javier to pick the 6 products that he loves best. (and I’m quite sure it is easy task for him)   So these are the things that he had chosen. :) This is the flip book for the things that start with “S”.And this is the vocabulary that describe the object found in the The little mouse, the red ripe strawberry and the big hungry bear book.

We did 2 crafts for this theme:1st craft: We used cotton bud to dot dot the letter S and strawberry. Javier likes this new version of dot a dot art. 2nd craft: We did a strawberry craft.

1)  I draw a strawberry and let Javier coloured it with markers.

2) Next he he put some glue on the coloured strawberry.

3) Final step is to add some black rice as the strawberry seed.

I am glad that Javier is taking it well and enjoying the lapbook that I have prepared for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers