Friday, July 9, 2010

Crunchy Walnut Cake


A last minute plan to let Javier go over to my MIL place, thus giving me some time to do my own things. I decided to try out this Walnut cake recipe which I got it from here. But instead of the cashew nut, I replace it with Walnut.

Actually my intention of trying out this recipe is for a long long  friend who came back to Singapore for a short trip. She loves the walnut cake from Bengawansolo, and thus would like to learn to make one. I really hope to find a recipe which is nice and taste quite like the one sold at Bengawansolo , so I decided to try to make one myself first as I happened to see this recipe. But but but as it turn out, it doesn’t taste abit like the Bengawansolo walnut cake which I ate. (So shiyi… We got to try out your recipe during our baking date) Hope that one would be nice!!!walnut cake
This cake taste ok. But as yogurt was added into the batter, I find the taste feel abit funny. It might be I am not used to this taste. However I like the biscuits crump on top of the cake, very crunchy and smell nice.

2 comments:

  1. this looks yummy too, but i guess shld be the yogurt that makes the difference!! but this looks YUMMY! hahaha ~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. thanks. But I guessed it is just not the right taste for us. My poor cake still sitting inside the tupperware box waiting for us! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers